The Impact Hub Westminster – Crowdfunding Accelerator Operations Coordinator / Temporary Contract
Impact Hub Westminster is part of a global network of more than 60 Hubs with over 10,000 members worldwide. Impact Hub Westminster provides a 12,000 sq. ft. platform for collaborating, connecting, making and learning for more than 500 members in a wide array of sectors, but united by a dedication to values driven enterprises and social innovation. In short, people who are actively creating positive social and environmental impact through their business ventures.
During its first three years of operations, it has established itself as a leading community of social entrepreneurs in London. It has supported well over 1,000 social entrepreneurs, hosted more than 2,000 events, created a variety of programmes including educational and accelerator programmes. It has hosted many high profile figures including Prince Charles, David Cameron and Richard Branson as well as collaborated with a variety of government departments and large companies.
This is an exciting role to develop and deliver one of the first Crowdfunding Accelerators in the UK. The Operations Coordinator will be involved in all areas of programme creation, event management, marketing, and external relationship management.
This programme aims to help 20 SMEs with crowdfunding support, and to assist a selected number of them to launch crowdfunding campaigns with one-to-one aid after finishing the programme. The Operations Coordinator will be responsible for successfully managing two rounds of three half-day master classes. Both of these will be in the first quarter of 2015, with a minimum of 10 people completing each round.
The programme will be run in collaboration with the UK Crowdfunding Association, and supported by Capital Enterprise. The Operations Coordinator will be expected to manage these relationships, and keep track of the project budgets. This is an amazing opportunity to work closely with the Impact Hub Westminster team, and be part of making an exciting new project come to life.
-Competitive day rate
-Around 3 days per week from January start date to end of March/early April
-Location: Impact Hub Westminster
-Application deadline Jan 20th.
-Start date week commencing Jan 26th
-End date March 31st
- Work closely with the Impact Hub Westminster team and partners to create and run workshops and master-classes to support 20 SMEs that are planning to crowdfund
- Research and communicate with existing and new delivery partners
- In collaboration with partners, plan the marketing and outreach for the programme, and deliver on that plan
- Create an application form for the programme, and to be able to review, and assess applicants in a fair and unbiased way
- Monitor and update the budget and financial transactions
- Write content for the website, and marketing channels
You should demonstrate:
- A proven and successful track record of having designed and delivered business support programmes, preferably focusing on crowdfunding, or more broadly on development, acceleration and growth.
- Relevant background in business development, with a track record of having developed the structure and operations of a project.
- A successful track record in building strong relationships and collaborations with others
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to meet targets and deliver on set objectives, to work independently as well as in a team, and to perform under pressure.
- A good understanding of social entrepreneurs, of their needs and expectations in terms of growth and funding.
- A proven ability to manage budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including fluency in English, both oral and written
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of service design and user journey mapping.
- Basic image editing ability.
If you have the relevant experience for this role and would like to apply, please send a CV and covering letter outlining how you meet the person specification, what you could bring to the role, and your day rate to Quentin.Johns@Hubwestminster.net. If you have further questions on the role or would like to discuss it please contact Richard.Brownsdon@hubwestminster.net